See Hear! - A weekly TV programme for deaf and hard
of hearing people.
Deaf Association - BDA promotes equal rights for deaf
Deaf News - The national magazine for BDA members.
- This site uses animated pictures to show basic BSL signs.
- A Quick Introduction - A brief introduction to BSL
and Deaf Awareness.
for the Advancement of Communication with Deaf People (CACDP)
- CACDP aims to promote communication between deaf, hard of hearing
, deafblind and hearing people by offering high quality nationally
recognized assessments and accreditation in BSL and other forms
of communication used by deaf people.
- Many deaf links on this site.
- The time and leisure magazine for deaf and hard of hearing people.
Club UK - The internet's biggest deaf-related search
engine, covering aspects and topics such as deaf jobs, chat rooms,
equipment databases and access to the arts.
Sports Association - Deaf sports in the UK and Ireland
- On-line bookstore for anyone interested in deaf-related literature
and books on how to sign
- News and discussion group
Now - Britain's leading disability newspaper.
Bookshop - Mail order issue providers of books and
videos on deafness and deaf issues.
- The Royal National Institute for the Deaf
Assocation in Aid of Deaf People (RAD) - RAD offers
a wide selection of different clubs and groups where advice and
information is available. They also offer training programmes, including
BSL classes and Deaf Awareness Training.
- Scottish Association of Sign Language Interpreters
Hear on Saturday - Part of BBC on-line relates to the
weekly magazine programme for deaf and hard of hearing people, of
the same title.
Post - SignPost is Tyne Tees Television's BSL translation
service for broadcasters. Listing of BSL interpreted programmes.
Text - Details of captioned performances
- The national telephone relay service